Xbox Music, Microsoft’s music streaming service, is available on both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8. If you are a Windows Phone user, head over to the Windows Phone Store for a nifty new Xbox Music app update that addresses several issues. This new update bumps the version number to 2.6.656.0 and addresses the following issues reported by customers:
- Three of the top unexpected app exits (e.g. at launch)
- Downloading tracks sometimes resulted in an error message
- Issue which prevented all fans across the globe from being able to sync purchases and playlists consistently – the experience in these countries should be improved: AR / Argentina, BR / Brazil, DK / Denmark, FI / Finland, MX / Mexico, NO / Norway, SE / Sweden.
- Issue which caused background image to flicker on shuffle setting toggle
- Playback errors on specific content
- Unreliability in delete action
- Inaccurate group headers (a, b, c. etc.)
You can snag the update from the download link below. For those that didn’t know, during the Windows 10 event, Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore took to the stage to announce that the new Xbox Music app – now drenched in an all-white theme – will support music streaming from OneDrive. Plenty of new improvements to the app is coming, so stay tuned!